Bloomingdale Baptist Church first organized in the spring of 1855. The church initially met at the corner of McComas Road and Martha Road: the location where the Dusenberry Mill was owned and operated by Sampson Sanders who died in 1849. The church later moved to a location on Martha Road. The church eventually relocated into a log structure, located on Rt. 10 where Family Dollar currently sits. In July 1961, the church moved into a new building, constructed on the same property. In 1973, the U.S. Government purchased the property of the Salem Missionary Baptist Church, and on July 10, 1976, Bloomingdale Baptist Church and Salem Baptist Church were consolidated, thus giving us our present name, the Bloomingdale-Salem Baptist Church. In 2015, Bloomingdale-Salem Baptist Church opened the doors of a new church facility located on the corner of St. Rt. 10 and Hickory Ridge Rd in Salt Rock, WV.